Hot Apple Cider for One
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider or 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 -3 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Combine apple cider and spices and sugar in a heat resistant mug that can go into the microwave.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave 2 minutes.
- Let stand until cool enough to drink.
- Remove spices if you don't want them floating in your cup while drinking cider, and remove spices if serving to a child.
Join The Conversation
SO tasty. The flavor is spot on. I, too, like another commenter, only had loose spices. It tastes bitter if you don't strain them out. What I did, was fashion a tea bag out of a coffee filter, and then followed the other review precisely. I'll copy and paste it: "1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp brown sugar in a tea bag. I put the tea bag in the apple juice, microwaved for 2 min, then let it steep for 3 additional minutes."<br/><br/><br/>So delicious! Perfect for the chillier weather. And so simple!