Prep 4 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe makes the best hot fudge sauce I have ever had! It stores very well in the fridge. Just put some in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds or use as is from the bottle.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine butter, cocoa, sugar and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Carefully pour hot mixture into a blender and blend for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Fabulous! Uses cocoa powder rather than chocolate.
This was so easy to make and is so good!! Made as directed and it came out perfect. DS and I don't usually eat 'big snacks' in the afternoon, but we sure made sundaes when this was done!! It is so good I could just eat it out of the bowl by itself!! Made for Sweet Traditions 5/2010.
If not kept under lock and key, this Hot Fudge Sauce could cause a national shortage of ice cream and brownies it's THAT GOOD! Wicked easy to make. This was sooo smoothe, sooo chocolately and not the least bit overly-sweet. No more store-bought chocolate syrup for my ice cream...thank you very much. Thanks, Roxanne, for sharing. Made for Spring, 2010 PAC.