3 hrs 15 mins
My big brother Bo the crock pot king made this recipe recently. I took an itty bitty taste and told him I have to post this for my friends at Recipezaar! Bo's motto is: "All roads lead to crock pots." This is ooey-gooey chocolate decadence. Bo added the baking square and nuts. From Fix It and Forget It Cookbook for Crock Pot Cooking. *Note*: please use a 1.5 or 3-quart sized crock pot but no larger to prepare this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce baking chocolate square, cut into fourths
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- 3Place the baking chocolate square pieces on bottom of crock pot.
- 4Spread the brown sugar/cocoa mixture over the bottom of the crock pot.
- 5In another bowl, mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the mixture in the crock pot. Add nuts if using.
- 6Pour in the boiling water. DO NOT stir mixture.
- 7Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH 2-3 hours or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 8Serve hot fudge cake warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 9Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Cake (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g