Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fast, quick and cheap dinner that the kids will love. Recipe from All You magazine.
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 hot dogs, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Place 3 tortillas on a work surface.
- Divide cheese and hot dog slices evenly among tortillas.Sprinkle each portion with 1 tsp chives, a pinch of chili powder and a pinch of ground cumin. Top each with remaining tortillas.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Put 1 quesadilla in pan, then rest a small plate on top of quesadilla to weigh it down. Cook for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Remove plate, flip quesadilla with a spatula, weigh down with a plate and cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil and tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla with a pizza wheel into 4 equal wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
This was a GREAT start! Just added some home-smoked sharp cheddar cheese along with a sauerkraut/mustard/apple topping inside the tortilla and toasted it all..........thanks much for the idea!
Pretty good. I used a taco blend of cheese but it did have four kinds of cheese, just some extra seasoning. I am going to try this again but with chicken instead. Fast, Easy, an little mess.