Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had some frankfurts in the freezer & wanted something other than hot dogs for dinner, I found this recipe on Mr. Food and it was a winner with hubby. I left out the corn from ours.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons deli mustard
- 500 g hot dog franks, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 4 (12 inch) metal skewers
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chili sauce, brown sugar, and mustard; mix well and set aside.
- On each skewer, thread a piece of frank, corn, green pepper, onion, and red pepper; repeat 2 more times and end with an additional piece of frank.
- Brush skewers with half of the sauce then grill for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat. Brush with the remaining sauce then turn kebabs and grill for 4 to 5 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the franks are heated through.