This is one of our favorite dips, especially when it is crab season, like it is now. From ''Everyday Celebrations'' by Donata Maggipinto *NOTE* This recipe was adopted in a whirlwind open adoption in September of 2006. I haven't had the opportunity to make this recipe but when I do I will update!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shell
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cracker, for serving
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Butter a 6-cup baking dish.
- 3In a medium skillet or saute pan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over low heat.
- 4Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and celery and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- 5Put 2 cups of the bread crumbs in a large bowl and gradually stir milk into crumbs. Mix well.
- 6Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure crumbs are moistened evenly.
- 7Add crabmeat, onion mixture, parsley, lemon juice and dry mustard. Mix well. Add cayenne, and salt and black pepper.
- 8Spoon mixture into baking dish. Place remaining bread crumbs in a bowl and stir melted butter into the crumbs.
- 9Toss bread crumbs to coat with butter. Sprinkle evenly over crab mixture.
- 10Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with crudités or crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Deviled Crab Dip.. Super Bowl , New Year's Snack!
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 646.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g