There are so many wraps but I think you will find this one a bit different, very hearty and tasty. It can be a "Do ahead" recipe by preparing all the ingredients ahead of time, place them in the fridge, assemble just before lunch. I like to use a Spring mix Lettuce that has Arugula in it but Iceberg lettuce is fine. The eggs are optional but they do add flavor.
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, cut in half -not chopped
- 9 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons red onions, chopped quite fine
- 15 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cold, chopped (optional)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, membrane removed, finely minced (use more if you like hot & spicy)
- salt & pepper
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas (sun dried tomato or flour)
- Mix together the mayo, Dijon, tomato, onion, eggs and jalapeño.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly and spread it on the 6 tortillas covering the whole surface.
- Sprinkle on the lettuce and pecans evenly on each tortilla.
- Place your shredded chicken on the edge closest to you and roll the tortilla.
- Use a toothpick or two to hold together if you find it necessary.
- Cut in half and arrange nicely on a platter.
This was delicious! I love the flavor of the dressing and the slight crunch of the pecans. I'll make this again for sure! Thank you!
I really loved this easy lunch recipe. It was a delicious combination of flavors, making for a healthy and filling lunch. I used sun dried tomato tortillas, which were an excellent complement to the filling ingredients. Thanks for a wonderful wrap recipe. I'll definitely be making these again! *Made for RSC 10 contest*