Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The most awesome dip on earth! Very addictive. Another one of my mom's recipes, although she didn't make this one very often due to it getting devoured in about 10 minutes. You really gotta try this one! Tastes best with the big scoop Fritos. Cream cheese softening and dip chill time not included in prep and cook time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 -10 canned jalapenos
- Let the cream cheese soften.
- Put tomato sauce, onion, celery salt, and jalapenos in blender or food processor and blend until fairly integrated. How many jalapenos depends on how hot you like it. I would start with at least 3 - 4 halves, and then add to taste after you add cream cheese.
- Add cream cheese a few chunks at a time, until it's all blended.
- Let the dip chill for several hours. The longer it sits the better it is.
I halved the batch and used 2 jarred- whole jalapeños, seeds and all :)
This dip is beyond addicting- my DS, his GF, and I had it almost gone before DH got home with a bag of Fritos! I made 1 tiny adjustment and that was to use granulated onion vs a chopped onion because DS's GF doesn't like the texture of onion. Aside from that made as directed and loved it!
Thanks for sharing Mom's recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.