Crock Pot; Meaty Cheese Dip
photo by Chef Ms Tiff
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild sausage
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 16 ounces salsa
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- Place cheese, salsa & mushroom soup in a 5qt crock pot on low heat.
- Cook sasage & beef until brown then drain.
- Once the cheese has melted add the meat to the pot.
- Stir the dip about ever 10-15mins as its cooking to preven scortching.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Ritz crackers.
- Note: for you picky eatters -- i promise you cant taste the cream of mushroom. ;o) This recipe can be altered in several ways. This is just the way i like it. I do sometimes add about 1/4 cup of milk to thin out the dip a little. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I highly recommend this recipe-I purchased the 2 lb. block of Velvetta, but only used 1 lb and it was plenty cheesy enough for us. JMOP the overall flavor would have been ruined if I used the full 2 lbs. I cooked the ground beef and sausage in a large skillet, drained the fat and combined the salsa and cream of chicken soup, added the cubed Velvetta. I melted it all together than poured it into my crockpot on warm.