Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Frys Cocoa Powder can, the only difference is that I add the cornstarch which adds creaminess. I also add a pinch of cinnamon sometimes, to add another element of flavour.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup hot milk
- Blend the cocoa powder, sugar, cold milk and cornstarch together well.
- In a saucepot heat the one cup milk, to simmering point, and stir in the ingredients, and cook for one or two minutes, until dissolved and hot. Stirring well.
- Pour into cup, top with mallows or whipped cream.
Just like my mom used to make! :)
Very easy and tasty. It was too sweet for my taste so I will just add 1 tablespoon sugar next time, and there will be many next times. Thanks!
We have found this to be an exceptional drink indeed, most certainly better then anything purchased or made previously and this is coming from a family that is extremely hard to please.
Thank you for making our creamy chocolaty dreams come true, this is our keeper!