Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter version of an old favorite!
For the Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey (about 6 ounces)
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stir in flour, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Cook mixture 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cheddar, Worcestershire, and mustard; stir with a whisk until smooth. Keep warm.
- Arrange toast on a large baking sheet, arrange turkey evenly over toast, and drizzle the sauce evenly over turkey. Top each toast slice with 1 tomato slice. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and Parmesan.
- Broil 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned. Serve immediately.