Recipe by mandabears
I have not made this yet, but will. I am posting the recipe so I won't lose it. It sounds really delicious and not too hard to make. According to the recipe poster she freezes it in small containers and mixes it with a small amount of mayonnaise. She adds the mixture to potato or macaroni salad.
Top Review by monkeymays
I just made this recipe and it turned out really nice. I used 3/4 cup sugar and should have cut it down to half a cup or maybe a little less. It's got a very interesting sweet and sour taste... great way to use up your extra peppers.
- 9 large banana peppers, seeds removed
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, remove all seeds and finely chop banana peppers.
- Cook banana peppers and vinegar together over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mustard, sugar and salt to pepper mixture and bring to boil.
- Combine flour and water together to smooth paste.
- Add to pepper/mustard mixture.
- Mix well.
- When cool, blend with hand mixer.