Hot Pepper Butter (Mustard) for Canning
Awesome Mustard for anything from pretzels, sandwiches, or glazes on hams. I add more peppers than in the recipe for a hotter butter (approx 60 ranging med-large). Also I am trying other peppers as well, habenero, maybe only 10-12...I'll have to let you know how it works :) You will not be disappointed! I have sold the canned product to many family and friends and they can only say this is the best! Hope you enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1 quart prepared yellow mustard
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Peppers as follows
- 36 40 medium banana peppers or 50 small banana peppers
- Seed and chop peppers. (I use a food processor to chop the peppers tiny).
- Mix everything together. Boil for 5 minutes !Stirring Constantly! or until desired thickness.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars. Cap with hot lid and of course the ring and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! (if not selling or giving away you may want to can in quart jars -- this doesn't last long! :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We made a big batch using peppers we had ground and frozen as the season progressed.. Our end result has a bitter aftertaste that makes it inedible!!!! We have tried to research a fix . Very willing to open everything up tweak and re- processing does anyone have experience or advice on what we could try to fix it? what may have gone wrong?1Replies 1