Recipe by grandma2969
this is good over spinach or lettuce salads
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I made this for my PA hubby, who has always loved Hot Bacon Dressing. I have only attempted making it one other time, and the recipe was so totally different from what he was used to, and he hated it. That was YEARS ago, and I finally got up the nerve to try it again. I won't have to look for another recipe. The ONLY change I made was to thin it with just a tad of water, because I let it get too thick to pour over the lettuce wedges. I also omitted the minced onions. DH said it was every bit as good as his Mom's. Thanks so much for posting!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon, remove from drippings.
- Combine sugar and flour, add beaten egg, salt, water and vinegar and stir till smooth.
- Pour into bacon drippings and heat stirring till mixture thickens -- add crumbled crisp bacon.
- Serve immediately.on leaf lettuce mixture.