Recipe by Norahs Girl
This tastes heavenly! I serve it with some breadsticks flavoured with rosemary.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 liters strong home-made chicken stock
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados, skinned, stoned and pureed
- 65 ml fruity white wine
- 125 -250 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons crisped bacon, crumbled
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When hot and bubbly, stir in cornflour and continue to stir until mixture turns golden.
- Gradually add chicken stock, whisking constantly to smooth away any little lumps.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove from stove.
- Add avocado puree, white wine and cream.
- Reheat carefully, but do not allow to boil.
- Transfer to a heated soup tureen and sprinkle with crisped bacon crumble.
- To serve, ladle into heated soup plates and garnish with fresh coriander.