Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. This isn’t hot so that a fire-breather would notice, but it is hot enough for me.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into very thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Separate broccoli in to flowerets; cut stalks into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet at medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in onion; stir-fry 2 minutes; add in broccoli and carrot; stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Add in mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
This is fast and easy to put together. The only problem I had was the sugar (personal preference). I hestitated to add it...but did. And sorry that I did. So to counter balance the sweet...I used "Soy Sauce Substitute". And it was perfect. I also added 2 cloves of garlic. DH really enjoyed the sweety hot. Will definately be making again. Thank you for sharing.