Recipe by aronsinvest
This is a wonderful full flavored soup. I could not find kaffir or lemongrass where I live but it was still yummy. I found the Tom Yam at my local oriental store. I also added a block of firm tofu (Chopped).
- 6 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tom yam hot and sour paste
- 4 fresh lime leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom, inner part only, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 -3 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lb peeled raw shrimp
- 5 small scallions, sliced thin
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock, tom yam paste, lime leaves, lemon grass, lime juice, fish sauce, chiles, and sugar. Once it has come to a boil, add mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and scallions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes allowing the shrimp to cook but still be tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately. Place extra cilantro on the table for people to add more.