Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is a different recipe that I found in a cookbook dealing with chipoltes. Its a pasta salad with a kick! Its also served different from normal pasta salads. You have the dressing on the side for people to add their own amount.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta, such as rotini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 -12 slices white cheddar cheese (thin slices) or 8 -12 slices baby swiss cheese (thin slices)
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleprepared ranch dressing
- To make the salad: Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Let cool, then place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- When the pasta is cool, add the broccoli, onion, black beans, and bell pepper.
- Lightly toss in a medium bowl.
- Garnish the salad with strips of cheese.
- To make the dressing: Puree the chipoltes in a food processor or blender.
- Add the ranch dressing and pulse until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and serve on the side so that guests can spoon the desired amount onto their salad.