Recipe by Jenna5230
This is my aunt's recipe. I have never made these so I am not quite sure how long they take to make, but I have provided a good rough estimate where it asks for the prep/cook time. I hope that you enjoy them! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing (garlic)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- In a large bowl mix the 2 lbs. ground beef, 2 eggs, 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup Italian garlic dressing, and the 1 teaspoons salt.
- Take a 1/2 teaspoon and use to scoop heaping spoonfuls with.
- Roll the spoonfuls to the shape that you want your meatballs to be.
- Brown the meatballs underneath your oven's broiler.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Take the 1/3 cup minced onion, 1/3 finely chopped green pepper, and 4 tablespoons butter, and simmer the onions and pepper in the butter.
- Then add the 2 cans tomato soup, 4 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons mustard, and 8 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce in with the rest of your sauce ingredients.
- WHEN BOTH SAUCE AND MEATBALLS ARE DONE:.
- Simmer the meatballs in the sauce for about 20 minutes or so.
- This all can be made the day before you wish to serve them as long as you refrigerate and then reheat when ready to serve.