1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
This recipe is modified to be gluten free from Hooters Buffalo Wings which was from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com. Even though the modification is very small, I had to post it so those of you who have to eat gluten free would be able to enjoy this as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 chicken wings (frozen are fine)
- vegetable oil, for frying in deep fryer
- 1/3 cup garbonzo bean flour (I also mix garfava & sorghum)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce (Texas Pete is GF)
- 1 dash pepper, Ground
- 1 dash garlic powder
- bleu cheese salad dressing (Kraft is GF)
- 190 MINS BEFORE GAME TIME:.
- 2Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a large bowl using a wire wisk to blend the flours well.
- 3If the wings are frozen, defrost and dry them very well with paper towels.
- 4Toss the wings with the flour mixture, coating each wing evenly.
- 5Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
- 630 MINS BEFORE GAME TIME:.
- 7Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- 8Put as many wings into the hot oil as will fit comfortably so they are still covered entirely by the oil.
- 9Fry for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown. (10 mins works for me).
- 10Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain (just don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot).
- 11Repeat the frying process as needed until all wings are cooked.
- 12While the wings are frying, melt butter in a small sauce pan and stir in hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer over very low heat just enough to keep warm until ready to use.
- 13When wings are done put them in a large serving bowl and pour the warm sauce over them, coating evenly (if it has a lid you can cover and shake).
- 14Serve with a small bowl of Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hooters Buffalo Wings (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.1
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 249.6 mg
- Sodium 1379.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: