Kitty Kat Cook's Note:
"Courtesy of Suzanne Brief, Lindenhurst, NY" I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com and decided to post it here so I can have easy access to it in my cookbook! I have made it several times and it is soooo good and easy! Lick-ur-fingas-good!! =) Note: The seasoning ( Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning) is good enough for double the wings, if you only make 20 you will have plenty left over. I also left the paprika out because I don't like it, so I'm going to say it's optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 chicken wings (I used the ice glazed kind)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup ranch dressing, for serving
Ingredients for creole seasoning
- 1Combine all ingredients for the Essence thoroughly, seal and store.
- 2Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- 3Cut off wing tips at the joint( some already come pre-cut) discard the tips.
- 4In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, Essence, salt and white pepper. Dredge the wings in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess and let set on a plate.
- 5In a large deep pot, heat several inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. When the oil is heated, dredge the wings a second time in the flour mixture, again shaking off the excess.
- 6Deep-fry the wings until crispy and golden brown, about 12 minutes. While wings are frying, mix hot sauce, honey, and brown sugar, until mixture is smooth.
- 7Remove the wings from the oil, pat dry with some paper towels and then dip them in the hot sauce mixture to coat. Lay the wings on the baking sheet, bake for 12 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey's Spicy Honey Wings
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1075.4
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 213.9 mg
- Sodium 6223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 60.5 g