Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
"Courtesy of Suzanne Brief, Lindenhurst, NY" I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com and decided to post it here so I can have easy access to it in my cookbook! I have made it several times and it is soooo good and easy! Lick-ur-fingas-good!! =) Note: The seasoning ( Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning) is good enough for double the wings, if you only make 20 you will have plenty left over. I also left the paprika out because I don't like it, so I'm going to say it's optional.
- 20 chicken wings (I used the ice glazed kind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup ranch dressing, for serving
Ingredients for creole seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (I use the garlic with parsley flakes kind)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients for the Essence thoroughly, seal and store.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut off wing tips at the joint( some already come pre-cut) discard the tips.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, Essence, salt and white pepper. Dredge the wings in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess and let set on a plate.
- In a large deep pot, heat several inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. When the oil is heated, dredge the wings a second time in the flour mixture, again shaking off the excess.
- Deep-fry the wings until crispy and golden brown, about 12 minutes. While wings are frying, mix hot sauce, honey, and brown sugar, until mixture is smooth.
- Remove the wings from the oil, pat dry with some paper towels and then dip them in the hot sauce mixture to coat. Lay the wings on the baking sheet, bake for 12 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing.