Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my personal recipe for how to make little blue cheese grape finger foods. This is based off of a more classic 'Grapes rolled in Blue de Bresse' recipe. This is one of those 'some' recipes - some of this and some of that. These are super easy for me to make but are also pretty messy. The Honey mixture is a bit tricky - it has to just be wet enough to coat your grapes, but not honey flavoured water. A few trial errors are necessary because the amount of water needed will vary with your weather (humidity), you honey, and what's easiest for you.
- Clean and pick through your grapes--you want only pretty and round grapes otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands.
- Dilute the honey with some water- enough so that you have a liquidy/sticky mixture that you can easily coat your grapes with.
- Coat your grapes with the liquidy honey- I put my grapes in a strainer over a bowl, that way I can just pour the mixture over my grapes a few time to ensure good coverage.
- Put your blue cheese crumbles in a large bowl- toss the grape in this mixture a few at a time until well covered in cheese (For this to work well the cheese must be *finely* crumbled).
- Chill grapes at least 1 hour prior to service to allow honey to 'set'.
- Additional ways to serve these- freeze the grapes prior to the honey/blue cheese portion of this for a delightful cool summer treat, If you have a 'flavor injector' try removing some of the grape liquid and replacing it with honey.