Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From epicurious.com. Original recipe calls for making a simple syrup as I have posted but I substitute the amazing ginger syrup from Recipe 123111 instead. I don't get all fussy with the straining or partial freeze before inserting the popsicle sticks... I just puree and freeze in my Norpro molds from Sur La Table. These are delicious! Cooking time = freezing time
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, super fine or granulated
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- Dissolve sugar in water by stirring if using superfine or by heating in a small heavy saucepan if using regular granulated (then cool).
- Blend half of melon and half of lime juice in a blender until smooth. Add syrup and remaining melon and lime juice and purée until smooth. Force purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart glass measure or bowl, pressing on solids and then discarding them.
- Pour mixture into molds and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours.
- Insert sticks, then freeze Popsicles until completely hardened, at least 6 hours.
- Epicurious Cooks' note: Popsicles can be made 2 days ahead (flavor diminishes if made any earlier).