3 hrs 15 mins
From June All You 2011. If you wanted a little more lime and some more texture you could add some zest to it. in addition you could also swap the honeydew with another melon and can also use lemon juice if preferred.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar in a small pan with 3 tablespoons water and lime juice.
- 2Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, around three minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Cut honeydew in half, remove seeds, peel and chop into chunks.
- 5Transfer to a food processor.
- 6Add sugar mixture and salt.
- 7Process until slushy.
- 8Transfer mixture to a 9-inch metal square baking pan and freeze for an hour.
- 9Stir with a fork to break up chunks around the edges.
- 10Freeze until completely frozen or about 2 hours longer.
- 11Continue stirring with fork every 30 minutes to loosen ice crystals.
- 12Serve in chilled glasses or bowls.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeydew Granita
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 96.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g