Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe comes from the Australian Women's Weekly Muffins, Scones and Breads Cookbook. It makes for very tasty, just slightly sweet and quite healthy scones. I like them best topped with either cheese or some jam. Note: Cups refer to the Australian standard measuring cup, which equals 250 ml!
Top Review by Katzen
Super simple to make, and so good (like all of Loula's scones!) I used a new cinnamon honey I got from the fruit truck (unpasteurized and local), and added frozen blueberries - I'm obsessed with blueberries right now! I wish I could have found my camera when they came out of the oven, because they were soooo gorgeous! Since I'm the only scone lover in the house, I got to have them for breakfast (and lunch some days) for the week. I really liked these! Made for Veggie Swap #61.
- 2 cups flour (300g)
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (160 g)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 20 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey (60ml)
- 1 cup milk, approx. (250 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in honey and add as much milk as needed to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Pat down to desired thickness and cut out scones of desired size (I use a 7.5 cm glass).
- Bake at 220 °C for about 8 minutes.