Blueberry Streusel Muffins
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 300 g flour (2 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 g fresh blueberries, washed and drained (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g apples, coarsely grated (1 medium)
- 50 g sugar (1/4cup)
- 3 eggs
- 80 ml oil (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml milk (1/3 cup)
- 50 g flour (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 g butter
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl mix egg, oil and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and mix only until just combined.
- Fold in apple and blueberries.
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (you may either grease the tins or line them with paper cups). Make sure not to fill them to the top because you will need some space for the streusel.
- In a third bowl combine the ingredients for the streusel topping by hand. When your crumbs have reached the desired size (the longer you mix, the smaller the crumbs), sprinkle them over the muffins.
- Bake at 180°C/350F in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi Loula,<br/>my daughter prepared and phototgraphed these muffins for us.<br/>She told us that added 2 tablespoon more sugar and she used black current from the garden.<br/>She used our new silicon muffins mold (great I can really recommend them!) and they came out perfect in taste, look and they were really irresistible.<br/>We love your muffins, your are really a great chef! Thanks for posting your recipes!
These were tasty muffins. I couldnt find fresh blueberries so I used frozen and thawed them, maybe this is why I didnt find these muffins sweet at all. I would of prefered them just a tad sweeter. I will try these muffins again when I find fresh blueberries to see if there is a difference. I love having muffins with a cup of tea in the morning. Thanks for sharing your recipe Lalaloula.