Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A decicious, nutritious pizza dough that's easy to make.
Make and share this Honey-Wheat Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Run warm water into a large bowl to heat the bowl.
- Pour warm water into that same bowl.
- Add yeast and honey and stir with a whisk.
- Set it aside and let it activate for ten minutes.
- Add oil and salt, stir again.
- Whisk in white flour first, and follow it with Wheat Flour.
- When dough begins to form a ball, roll it out onto a flat surface.
- Kneed for ten minutes or so.
- Form dough into a ball and lightly cover it with olive oil.
- Place it into a large bowl and cover it.
- Store in a warm place for an hour to let the dough rise.
- Punch down the dough and split it into fours, again forming balls and covering them with oil.
- Place balls no a lightly floured cookie sheet to let them rise again.
- Pre-Heat Oven to heat pizza stone, 475 degrees.
- Roll out the dough and top pizza as desired.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Serve hot.
This took a full 2 cups more flour than the recipe calls for so the salt and honey seemed out of balance. Other than that the crusts were thin and crisp and browned nicely. I very much liked having enough dough for four 12" pizzas. The baking temperature and time were right on.