Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is such a wonderful tasting chicken dish, the orange sauce has just the right amount of sweetness and spices, great served with rice on the side.
Top Review by Chef marysays
This recipe was taken from a Betty Crocker recipe book that was published in 1980. I have been making this dish since then...for 34 years. It is indeed a fabulous recipe and so easy to make. I highly recommend it. I wish the author of this post had given Betty Crocker the recognition that cookbook deserves. Give this a try. You will not regret it.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, brown the chicken over medium-high heat until brown on all sides (about 15 minutes).
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking pan; top with onions.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Mix the orange juice, with honey, lemon juice, ginger and nutmeg; pour over the chicken in the pan, add in the olives.
- Cover, and cook for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Arrange the chicken, onions and olives on a large serving platter.
- Pour pan juices into a saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water; stir into the juices in the saucepan.
- Cook, and stir until slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Garnish chicken with orange slices; serve with orange sauce-- Delicious!