72 hrs 10 mins
Gayle McGowan's Note:
Recipe from Germany
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1DAY ONE:.
- 2In large saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and butter.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- 4Pour into large bowl to cool, stirring occasionally (cool 1 hour).
- 5With wooden spoon, stir in cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and egg.
- 6Gradually stir in flour until well combined. (dough will be stiff).
- 7Refrigerate overnight, as long as a week.
- 8DAY TWO:.
- 9Preheat oven to 375.
- 10Remove one quarter at a time from bowl, rol out any shape on floured surface.
- 11Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- 12Place cookies 1 inch apart.
- 13Bake 8-10 minutes.
- 14Cool and put into container until next day, they will be hard.
- 16In medium bowl, beat with electric mixer at medium speed egg whites, sugar and vinegar until thick and soft peaks form from where beater is raised.
- 17Take small brusha nd brush on cookies.
- 18Sprinkle with decorations.
- 19Put on wax paper to dry. If icing gets dry, put few drops of vinegar inches.
- 20Cookies will be hard, put in container and let sit a week, they will soften.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 413.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 82.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g