Prep 72 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Germany
Make and share this Honey Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- DAY ONE:.
- In large saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour into large bowl to cool, stirring occasionally (cool 1 hour).
- With wooden spoon, stir in cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and egg.
- Gradually stir in flour until well combined. (dough will be stiff).
- Refrigerate overnight, as long as a week.
- DAY TWO:.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove one quarter at a time from bowl, rol out any shape on floured surface.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and put into container until next day, they will be hard.
- In medium bowl, beat with electric mixer at medium speed egg whites, sugar and vinegar until thick and soft peaks form from where beater is raised.
- Take small brusha nd brush on cookies.
- Sprinkle with decorations.
- Put on wax paper to dry. If icing gets dry, put few drops of vinegar inches.
- Cookies will be hard, put in container and let sit a week, they will soften.