Recipe by Hadice
A wonderful blend of spice. Perfect for a fall evening.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The recipe was cut down to 4 servings and cooked in a 6"
tube pan. I added a little extra spices per the suggestion of the
other reviewer. Used an espresso powder and lightly sprinkled
powdered sugar on top for garnish. Served with tea today for elevenses.
Reviewed for Veg Tag/October.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix hot water with instant coffee; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix honey, sugar, oil and eggs until very light and fluffy. Add all remaining ingredients including the coffee mixture; mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- If desired, drizzled with glaze of your choice.