Recipe by Hayley_11
An old classic, especially great for kids (to make and eat!). Definitely supervise children when melting the butter, sugar and honey in the saucepan though...when I first made this when I was a kid I was cooking by myself and set the saucepan on fire, I then ran away because I was scared! The importance of supervision! The peanuts are optional, and can easily be left out if they're for birthday parties, etc, where nut allergies may be present.
- 60 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 90 g unsalted peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place butter, honey and sugar into a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the butter had melted.
- Combine the cornflakes and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Pour the honey mixture over the cornflake mixture and mix so that the cornflakes and peanuts are well coated.
- Place paper cases into patty tins. Spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture into the cases.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for at least 15 minutes to firm.