Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old classic, especially great for kids (to make and eat!). Definitely supervise children when melting the butter, sugar and honey in the saucepan though...when I first made this when I was a kid I was cooking by myself and set the saucepan on fire, I then ran away because I was scared! The importance of supervision! The peanuts are optional, and can easily be left out if they're for birthday parties, etc, where nut allergies may be present.
- 60 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 90 g unsalted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place butter, honey and sugar into a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the butter had melted.
- Combine the cornflakes and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Pour the honey mixture over the cornflake mixture and mix so that the cornflakes and peanuts are well coated.
- Place paper cases into patty tins. Spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture into the cases.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for at least 15 minutes to firm.