Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was given this recipe by a friend about 11 years ago. Rolling the mixture into balls is really messy work but well worth the effort as they are so yummy. I haven't made them for years so I don't remember how many cookies you get out of it. I've said about 20 but that's just a guess.
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter (1.411 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat Oven to 356 degrees (or 180 degrees Celcius).
- Grease 2 flat baking trays with a small amount of butter.
- Cream the butter sugar and honey.
- Add the remaining ingredients to mix until mixture has a sticky texture.
- Always ensure this is thouroughly mixed together.
- Roll mixture into balls, roughly the size of a 5 cent piece.
- Place on tray approximately 1 inch apart.
- Pat flat with a knife or fingers if prefered.
- Bake in oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- NOTE: Take care when these are almost cooked, as they burn very quickly.