Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A great flavor added to a precooked ham.
- 6 lbs ready to eat ham
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- The night before you smoke, mix together the pepper, paprika, sugar, salt, 1
- teaspoon of dry mustard and cayenne. Rub over the surface of the ham, wrap in
- foil and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning remove the ham from the refrigerator and let it sit for 1 hour. In the
- meantime prepare the smoker. You will be smoking at about 210 degrees F. for 6
- hours. Mix together the chicken stock, 3/4 cups of pineapple juice, vegetable oil,
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, and cloves. Warm over medium heat until completely
- mixed. Place ham in smoker and baste with sauce once every hour. While the ham
- is smoking prepare the glaze by mixing together the honey, 1/4 cup on pineapple
- juice, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard and a pinch of ground cloves. Brush generously
- with glaze a couple of times during the last hour of smoking.