Recipe by dale!
Yummy tender ribs! This marinade also goes well with chicken or other cuts of pork. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup ketjap manis (a thick sweet soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 4 pork spare rib racks (1.5kg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients (except ribs) in a bowl.
- Pour 2/3 into a large shallow dish or zip-lock bag with the ribs.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade until needed for basting.
- Marinate for 3 hours or overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 140-160°C.
- Remove the meat from marinade and discard marinade.
- Line two baking dishes with foil (prevents marinade from burning onto dishes, making clean-up a lot easier).
- Place a wire rack (such as a cake cooling rack) into each dish.
- Place the ribs in a single layer on racks.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, turning halfway and basting with remaining marinade until ribs are well browned and cooked through.