Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Place tenderloin in a resealable plastic food storage bag and pour the soy sauce mixture into it.
- Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator. **I do not recommend marinating this any longer than 2 hours - as the pork will become too salty tasting**.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove pork from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix honey and brown sugar on a plate. (You could use a whisk if you're having trouble mixing these ingredients.).
- Place sesame seeds on another plate.
- Roll pork in honey mixture and then roll in the sesame seeds.
- Roast in a shallow pan for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees.
- Suggested to serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent recipe. I used pork loin steaks. Marinated them for just under 2 hours. Like others, I found it hard to get the honey and brown sugar to stick, so heated briefly it in the microwave and then spread on. The sesame seeds gave a wonderful crunch. I was amazed by how tender the finished steaks were. Thanks for posting.
I marinated for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I followed others advice and heated the honey/brown sugar mix. However, as soon as it came in contact with the refrigerated pork it hardened up again immediately. I think I may try and combine the honey, brown sugar and sesame seeds next time and brush it on the pork. This turned out really delicious and moist. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! Made this last night and followed the recipe (might of added l more clove of garlic) and did as other reviews had done and heated the honey and brown sugar together before rolling the pork in it. Next time I will add the seeds along with the honey mixture and brush on...I think it would be less messy and easier. Anyway this is a wonderful and very tasty dish. I highly recommend this to everyone. I served it with garlic rice and recipe#346053#346053. Thank you for submitting this recipe. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup game 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!