Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You won't be sorry if you use a little of your pecan stash to make these! I got this recipe out of Southern Living magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl; cut 1/2 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press firmly and evenly into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 375* for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar and remaining ingredients; pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 375* for 20 to 25 minutes, shielding with foil the last 5 minutes, if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 1 1/2-x1-inch bars.
- Yield: 4 1/2 dozen.
This is like pecan pie in a bar cookie format, but more delicious. The crust is fantastic and the filling wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I did have trouble getting the middle to set, or get firm, even adding quite a bit of additional time and covering the outer part so it woudn't get too firm. It's still a bit oozy, but it's so good, and I'm not serving it to company, so who cares? I'll try this again - I want to see if I did something wrong.
We liked these! I cooked them a little longer and the consistency was perfect, no messy fingers. Thanks for a keeper Sharon!
I found that the center just didn't get cooked. I then figured if you used a 9 inches pan, you could not cut it into as many pieces as indicated. I'm now thinking maybe a 9x13 pan should be used so it is not as thick. Love the taste and will try it again.