Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet-tangy dressing that is good over fruit salad or a fruit and green salad combo. Store in refrigerator.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Add the first 6 ingredients to the container of an electric blender.
- Pulse 2 or 3 times until blended.
- With blender running, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Process until smooth.
- Add in pecans and stir.
- Serve over salad.
Wonderful. I usually don't like overly sweet dressings but this was good. I used toasted walnuts as that is what I had on hand. I also did this in a food processor (someone once told me to alway get toys with a motor after age 40. .. and he was correct. . . let the machine do the work!!??) Thanks SueL