Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pack these in a rustic basket lined with a napkin for a thoughtful hostess gift. That is, if you don't eat them all before you get there...Use oat bran or corn bran or go with an equal amount of whole-wheat flour, when looking for a replacement or substitute for wheat bran.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peach yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup drained chopped canned peaches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flours, bran, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Separately, combine honey, egg white, yogurt, and oil; stir well.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients; stir until just moistened.
- Add peaches.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
What a delight these muffins are. I'm going to keep some in the freezer for those winter mornings when I can only dream of peaches.The whole wheat flour with the cinnamon & bran gives a hearty wholesome flavor I used fresh peaches (they are at their best right now, loaded with sweet goodness) and French Vanilla Peach yogurt - wonderful thanks Lennie
These muffins are INCREDIBLY moist! I doubled the recipe because I make them and freeze them for my mom's breakfasts. I added walnuts, dates, and some bananas to them for extra nutrition. There was enough batter left to do a mini loaf and my family tried a little of it over the weekend...even my 14 year old son went nuts over them and he doesn't typically like my healthy muffins. Thanks for the TERRIFIC recipe!
I'm not going to give this a star rating cause i changed it up quite a bit. I used berries and berry yogurt instead of peaches and peach yogurt, i subbed in applsauce for 3 tbsps of the oil, and i used brown sugar instead of honey. these were tasty, but not fantastic. maybe next time i will use the ACTUAL recipe!