Pack these in a rustic basket lined with a napkin for a thoughtful hostess gift. That is, if you don't eat them all before you get there...Use oat bran or corn bran or go with an equal amount of whole-wheat flour, when looking for a replacement or substitute for wheat bran.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flours, bran, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Separately, combine honey, egg white, yogurt, and oil; stir well.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients; stir until just moistened.
- Add peaches.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
What a delight these muffins are. I'm going to keep some in the freezer for those winter mornings when I can only dream of peaches.The whole wheat flour with the cinnamon & bran gives a hearty wholesome flavor I used fresh peaches (they are at their best right now, loaded with sweet goodness) and French Vanilla Peach yogurt - wonderful thanks Lennie
I'm not going to give this a star rating cause i changed it up quite a bit. I used berries and berry yogurt instead of peaches and peach yogurt, i subbed in applsauce for 3 tbsps of the oil, and i used brown sugar instead of honey. these were tasty, but not fantastic. maybe next time i will use the ACTUAL recipe!
These muffins are great. I used 1/3cup of All Bran Buds instead of wheat bran because I didn't have it. Turned out yummy!