Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread recipe came off the back of the bread flour. I found it to be so good, just a "tad sweet’, and its great toasted. Cook time is what is suggested on your ABM. For a softer crust, butter the crust of the bread and put in a plastic bag as soon as it comes out of the machine. This recipe makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 1 cup warm water (between 75 and 85 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (add more if you like)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (or what ever you normally use)
- Measure ingredients into bread machine in the order listed in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select "light" baking mode,if available.
OMG, I loved this recipe. I added 1 tsp of vanilla, which was lovely with the cinnamon.
This bread is wonderful!! I left out the cinnamon because I wanted an all-purpose bread, but will try adding the cinnamon another time. It is an excellent bread even without the cinnamon!
This is a fantastic breakfast bread that I'll definitely be making again! The sweet cinnamon flavour is wonderful and the texture is lovely. I used the dough cycle and then baked it in a long loaf pan. I think next time I'll use 2 regular pans since the dough rose very high in one pan. The dough was slightly sticky to work with so I used quite a bit of flour while shaping. Nest time I'll add an extra half teaspoon of cinnamon for a stronger flavour. Excellent bread!