Recipe by Whisper
I can't remember where I got this wonderful recipe. It's been one of my favorites for a long time.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cookie ingredients.
- Beat at low speed, scraping sides of bowl often, until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake near center of oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- While cookies are still in the oven, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Frost cookies while still warm.