Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook
- 1 sheet puff pastry, 18 x 11 inches
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place the puff pastry on a work surface and spread the mustard over the top.
- Arrange the prosciutto evenly over the mustard to cover all the pastry, and then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Lightly press the cheese into the prosciutto with a rolling pin.
- Starting at one long edge, roll up the puff pastry like a jelly roll just to the middle of the dough; then roll up the other side in the same fashion, making two rolls that meet in the center.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the slices on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and press lightly with your hands to flatten.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Brush the top of each palmier with the egg wash.
- Bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.