Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a great way to use up some of that fresh mint in your garden. Keep your salad relatively simple so that the vinaigrette flavours come through.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together; you can also do this in a blender or food processor, but note that this will then puree the mint leaves.
- Use right away, or refrigerate until needed; if refrigerated, whisk again to combine before using.
- Use to dress a large salad; goes especially nice on a relatively plain salad (ie, just mixed greens and raw mushrooms is great).
yum! Easy to make, too. This is a great way to feel more charitable towards the mint that controls my side yard! And to think, I was going to try to get rid of it when I could have been making this dressing with it all along! =^D