1/1 Photo of Honey I Roasted the Sunflower Seeds
I got this idea from honey roasted sunflower seeds sold in bulk at the grocery store. It is much cheaper to make the mixture yourself, plus you can control the amount of salt used. Here is a local price comparison: honey roasted sunflower seeds in bulk cost $1.49 per pound. Raw sunflower seeds in bulk cost ¢.99 per pound.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tip: by warming the honey first, it will be much easier to stir the honey and sunflower seeds together.
- 2PREHEAT oven to 325º.
- 3In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and stir well to coat the seeds.
- 4Arrange the sunflower seeds singly (as best you can) on a large parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until seeds are golden, stirring often. Important: *You must watch the baking process carefully to avoid burning the seeds.*.
- 6Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 7Note: the sunflower seeds will stick together like candy brittle. Break apart and transfer to airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey I Roasted the Sunflower Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.7
- Calories from Fat 764
- Total Fat 84.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 32.9 g