Tamari Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients together thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange and spread the seed mixture on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sunflower seeds are medium brown on all sides and all the tamari has evaporated. *WATCH* roasting process carefully.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, these were really good! Thank goodness for Recipezaar's link on ingredients. I had no idea what tamari was. I didn't have any so I substituted regular soy sauce. They were just a little on the salty side, so I am assuming that tamari must have less sodium than regular soy sauce. I cautiously added only 1/8 tsp of cayenne but after tasting them before placing in the oven I decided that the full 1/4 didn't make them too hot. I buy my sunflower seeds in bulk and the rest of the ingredients were something I had on hand so I would guess that these cost only pennies to make. Wonderful cheap, healthier alternative to prepackaged snack mixes. I am going to try adding these to a trail mix type of recipe I think they would add a wonderful flavor to it. Can't say enough good things about these they deserve more than 5 stars