Sunflower Seed and Chip Cookies
These are so yummy, and best with butterscotch chips (but you can try chocolate or peanut butter too!)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream together margarine, shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, soda and oatmeal.
- Mix well and add in sunflower seeds and chips.
- Shape into balls, flaten slightly on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These sounded so interesting so I had to make them. Actually, I made bars out of them. I made 1 and 1/2 times the recipe and I baked in a 9x13 pan for about 35 minutes. I didn't have enough butterscotch chips so I used about 3/4 cup butterscotch chips and about 3/4 cup peanut butter chips. Loved the results! Thanks jswinks!
You know, I never used to be real fond of oatmeal cookies - but I have found some wonderful ones here! And this is just one example. I made these to share with friends & they were all eaten up. I really liked the addition of the sunflower seeds. It made these cookies unique & was one of the reasons I decided to try them. I will try them again with different kinds of chips. Thank you very much for sharing.