Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 7 1⁄2 lbs cured ham (about)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove ham from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Put ham in a roasting pan and place on a rack.
- Using a knife, score fat on top in a diamond pattern.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush about 3/4 of honey mixture on ham with a pastry brush.
- Bake 2 hours, basting with remaining mixture and pan drippings every 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
This turned out a bit dry for me. I would definitely cover next time. The instructions didn't say whether to or not so I didn't but I wish I had.
The glaze tasted good and I took advice from others to cover-I used a turkey baking bag around the entire pan and it turned out pretty moist.
Good flavor. I think I would cover it next time. The recipe didnt say to cover or not, so i didnt untill the end because it was burning on top. It was a bit dry after cooking for only an hour and a half, but again only because it was uncovered. Mine was spiral cut so i skiped the scoring part.