Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Welcome Home
Make and share this Honey Garlic Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs chicken wings or 25 -30 whole chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying) or 1 quart peanut oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying)
- Remove wing tip from each wing; split each wing at the joint joining the drum and flat part.
- Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to gallon size zip locking bag.
- Add wings 15 at a time and shake to coat.
- Tap off excess flour before frying.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine honey, water, lemon juice, ketchup, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt, stirring to blend.
- Bring to a slow bubble, reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oil to deep fryer, Dutch oven or deep wok.
- Oil temperature should be 375*F before you being frying your chicken wings.
- Fry no more than eight wings at a time in oil at 375*F, 10 to 12 minutes, until skin is crispy and golden brown on the outside and chicken wings are cooked through to the bone on the outside.
- For crispier wings, cook 12 to 14 minutes.
- For extra crispy chicken wings cook up to 15 minutes.
- The longer you cook chicken wings; you run the risk of drying out the meat.
- Drain the wings on paper towels or paper bags for a few minutes.
- Add chicken wings to a large bowl.
- After all the wings have been fried, pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken wings.
- Cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the chicken wings. Serve hot.
- If you have extra honey garlic chicken wing sauce left, serve on the side for dipping, if desired.