Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Welcome Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken wings or 25 -30 whole chicken wings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying) or 1 quart peanut oil (and a deep fryer or Dutch oven for frying)
- 1Remove wing tip from each wing; split each wing at the joint joining the drum and flat part.
- 2Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to gallon size zip locking bag.
- 3Add wings 15 at a time and shake to coat.
- 4Tap off excess flour before frying.
- 5In a medium pan over medium heat, combine honey, water, lemon juice, ketchup, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt, stirring to blend.
- 6Bring to a slow bubble, reduce to low heat.
- 7Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Add oil to deep fryer, Dutch oven or deep wok.
- 10Oil temperature should be 375*F before you being frying your chicken wings.
- 11Fry no more than eight wings at a time in oil at 375*F, 10 to 12 minutes, until skin is crispy and golden brown on the outside and chicken wings are cooked through to the bone on the outside.
- 12For crispier wings, cook 12 to 14 minutes.
- 13For extra crispy chicken wings cook up to 15 minutes.
- 14The longer you cook chicken wings; you run the risk of drying out the meat.
- 15Drain the wings on paper towels or paper bags for a few minutes.
- 16Add chicken wings to a large bowl.
- 17After all the wings have been fried, pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken wings.
- 18Cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the chicken wings. Serve hot.
- 19If you have extra honey garlic chicken wing sauce left, serve on the side for dipping, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3405.5
- Calories from Fat 2780
- Total Fat 308.8 g
- Saturated Fat 53.7 g
- Cholesterol 436.9 mg
- Sodium 836.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 106.9 g