Recipe by Barb G.
Honey tastes sweeter than table sugar, that is why you can use less of it to get the same sweetening power. In general, the lighter-colored honeys are milder in flavor while darker-colored honeys are stronger. This recipe is courtesy of the Beekeepers Association, Ohio.
Top Review by Rah's Recipes Rock
This was AM-AZING!!!! My BF and I are doing a pseudo-caveman diet (the one where you can't have ANYTHING), so I subbed a few things...almond milk for cows milk, coconut oil for butter and arrowroot powder for flour...and these still turned out incredible! I will definitely be making these again and again! Thanks Barb!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, flaked
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT honey in a blender or food processor; blend until combined.
- With blender or food processor running, slowly pour in honey mixing to combine.
- Spray eight(4-ounce) custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; divide mixture evenly into cups.
- Place cups on cookie sheet; Bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned.