Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Honey tastes sweeter than table sugar, that is why you can use less of it to get the same sweetening power. In general, the lighter-colored honeys are milder in flavor while darker-colored honeys are stronger. This recipe is courtesy of the Beekeepers Association, Ohio.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, flaked
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT honey in a blender or food processor; blend until combined.
- With blender or food processor running, slowly pour in honey mixing to combine.
- Spray eight(4-ounce) custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; divide mixture evenly into cups.
- Place cups on cookie sheet; Bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned.
This was AM-AZING!!!! My BF and I are doing a pseudo-caveman diet (the one where you can't have ANYTHING), so I subbed a few things...almond milk for cows milk, coconut oil for butter and arrowroot powder for flour...and these still turned out incredible! I will definitely be making these again and again! Thanks Barb!
Everyone loved this recipe! It was so easy to make and delicious. I was surprised that it made a coconut crust on top with creamy custard on the bottom. You could also put it in a pie pan. It seems like the flour made a slight crust on the very bottom. I will make this often!
I was craving coconut custard and this hit the spot, it was so yummy. It is so incredibly easy to make. My son has already asked me to make this for him again. Thanks for posting this recipe Barb.