1/1 Photo of Honey Cinnamon Buns With Cream Cheese Frosting
24 hrs 15 mins
What a great recipe!! I'm so proud of myself for making this! It started out with a friend of mine asking me to make her some cinnamon buns for her husband, note that I normally use other peoples recipes, so I decided to finally make my own. And guess what! They were great! What a wonderful thing to take to work with you too. Thank you for trying them. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed to about 110 degrees
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dark Karo syrup or 2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together the warm milk, yeast, and teaspoon of honey.
- 2Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- 3Add the egg, 1/4 cup honey, and buttermilk and stir until combined.
- 4Stir in the salt and flour until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the edges.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, flipping dough once to coat both sides, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour.
- 6Place dough in the refrigerater and let rise over night.
- 7In the morning, in a small bowl, stir together all the filling ingreidents and set aside.
- 8Remove the dough from the refrigerator and punch down.
- 9Roll the dough out on a lightly flour surfuse until it is an 1/8-1/4 of an inch thin RECTANGLE.
- 10Spread the butter cinnamon mixture evenly over the top of it and roll it long ways in a jelly roll form.
- 11Cut off the ends and then cut into 1 inch slices.
- 12Place slices slightly apart in a 9"-13" baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 13Preheat oven to 350F and baking for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 14In the meantime, in a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and the powdered suger then stir in the buttermilk, set aside.
- 15After baking the cinnamon rolls, remove them from the oven and let them stand for 10 minutes before spreading on the frosting.
- 16**Youcan make an orange frosting for these buns by changing the buttermilk to 3 tablespoons orange juice and adding 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest.
- 17Serving Suggestions: Coffee, tea, oatmeal, coke (hehehe).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Cinnamon Buns With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g