Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy chocolate topping recipe without dairy! This is lovely in your coffee and can be used as a topping for ice cream or pound cake. An old recipe I found and updated. Servings are approximate. Store in the refrigerator.
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour the boiling water over sugar and cocoa, stir until smooth (I use my handheld blender).
- Stir in honey, salt and vanilla extract.